My family loves Pizza night and this Pepperoni Pizza Braid is perfect for family game night or a fun gathering with friends!
Pizza night is a weekly event in our house. My entire family loves pizza, but I mean who doesn't! Since we eat it so often I love trying to make something new and different without pizza. This was a recipe that I made several years ago for a girls night at church. I did several different pizzas like hams and pineapple, three cheese, meat lovers, and this Pepperoni Pizza Braid. Since the slices are smaller then a slice of pizza they make the perfect appetizers! Here are a few more pizza recipes that I like to make for my family.
Making Pepperoni Pizza Braid:
Preheat your oven and prepare a baking dish with an oil a based nonstick cooking spray.
I start with a refrigerated pizza dough on a prepared baking dish. Cut even slices a few inches down. You don’t want your slices to be too thin because you want to make sure you can pull them over when braiding your pizza. You also want to make sure you leave enough space in the middle for all the good stuff!
Add 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce to the middle then top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. You can add more pizza sauce if you want but I find that too much sauce will make the pizza sauce. I usually serve more warmed pizza sauce for dipping.
Wrap braid taking one slice over to the other until the entire dough is braided. Spray the top of the pizza with cooking spray olive or use a brush and brush on some oil. Bake until dough is cooked through. I baked mine for 12-15 minutes but check the package of your dough you bought because time can vary.
Pepperoni Pizza Braid
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce (optional more for dipping)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 oz pepperoni slices
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a baking dish with an oil a based nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out pizza dough onto your baking dish and use a pizza cutter to make strips in the dough about a few inches down leaving a good about of space in the middle (DO NOT cut all the way from one side to the other. The middle is for toppings).
- Add 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce to the middle then top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
- Wrap braid taking one slice over to the other until the entire dough is braided. Spray the top of the pizza with cooking spray olive or use a brush and brush on some oil. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until dough is cooked through.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH