This Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole recipe is the perfect dinner to make for the family. Creamy chicken, flavored with poppyseeds, and topped in a Ritz cracker buttery topping is amazing!
This Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole is a classic recipe, and one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy!
Why do I love casseroles?
I love making a casserole for a few different reasons. One, they are really easy to make. Mix your ingredients and throw them in a baking dish and you are good to go.
Two, casseroles are big meals that will feed a large group or provide leftovers for another meal! The third reason I love casseroles, is because they just taste so good!
How to make Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole:
This recipe is very easy to make. You do need to have your chicken cooked and shredded or diced up ahead of time.
I recommend using my All-Purpose Chicken recipe or you can use a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Mix your ingredients together and make the topping. Put everything in a casserole dish and top with the crackers. Bake and enjoy!
- Chicken - Fully cooked and shredded or diced.
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Seasonings: I used onion powder, garlic powder, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Ritz Crackers - crushed.
Step Three - Top your casserole with crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle on any poppy seeds you may have reserved.
Step Three continued - Bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven serve and enjoy.
Do I have to use Poppy Seeds?
I know poppy seeds are not liked by everyone. This recipe will still taste great without the poppy seeds if you choose not to use them.
What should I serve with this recipe?
This recipe is on the thinner side for a casserole. I like to serve this with rice, as it adds a nice thickness if you serve the casserole over the rice.
Air Fryer Broccoli - This recipe for the best Air Fryer Broccoli will become a favorite for dinner with your family. Perfectly roasted but in less than 10 minutes, these broccolis are crispy and a super healthy side dish for any meal.
Roasted Vegetables - These deliciously seasoned Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish. Take your favorite vegetables, season them, and make the easiest Roasted Vegetables you've ever had. They are the best way to make Roasted Vegetables!
The Best Green Bean Recipe - These are not called the Best Green Beans for nothing. Pan seared almonds in butter flavored with garlic added to green beans bring out an amazing flavor you will love!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chicken fully cooked and shredded
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Ritz Crackers (one sleeve) crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix cooked and shredded chicken with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, poppy seeds (I reserved a few for the top of my casserole) and salt and pepper to taste. Add to the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
- Top your casserole with crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle on any poppy seeds you may have reserved. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven serve and enjoy.