This Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken is delicious! Perfectly tender and juicy chicken made in a lemon cream sauce that you will want to lick off your plate.
Lemon pepper is a favorite in my house and we are always trying it in new ways. My kid's love the Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders and my husband's favorite is the crispy baked Lemon Pepper Wings. This recipe though is my favorite and on my menu several times a month.
Every once in a while I create a recipe that is so good that I don't think the pictures are really going to be able to do it justice. This is one of those recipes. It is one of my all time favorites!
The chicken is full of flavor and tastes amazing but the lemon cream sauce that I spoon onto my chicken and rice it my favorite part. It also helps that this Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken is so simple to make. Just add everything to the slow cooker and walk away!
The pictures for this recipe have been updated. In my older pictures, I served this with potatoes and green beans covered in the lemon cream sauce but I prefer the rice and thought I would give it an update.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken:
Step one: Start by putting your chicken breast and your chicken broth in your slow cooker.
Step two: Next dice butter into squares and place on top of chicken.
Step three: Last add all seasonings and lemon juice and zest over the chicken.
You can cook this recipe high for 2-3 hours or in low for 4-5 hour. You just want to make sure that chicken is cooked through and tender and at a safe temperature.
Before cooking is done you want to finish the creamy sauce. To do that get a separate bowl and whisk together half and half with cornstarch. Pour into the slow cooker and allow to cook for 30 minutes. Then you are ready to serve. The creamy lemon sauce is amazing and I love serving this recipe with rice with a spoon full of the sauce.
Here are a few more of my favorite things to serve with this lemon chicken recipe.
- Baked Garlic Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
- Roasted Broccoli
- Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lemons (juices and tested)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place chicken in the slow cooker along with chicken broth. Dice butter and place on top of chicken. Add all seasonings and lemon juice and zest over the chicken.
- Allow cooking on high for 2-3 hours or in low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- In a separate bowl whisk together half and half with cornstarch. Pour into slow cooker and allow to cook for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from the slow cooker to serve and spoon lemon cream over chicken and optional rice.