These soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are simply delicious! The BEST oatmeal cookie recipes and the only one you are going to need.
I really love oatmeal cookies but I'm pretty picky about them. They have to have that soft and chewy texture and cooked perfectly. If they are they can be the BEST cookie! This recipes has been my absolute favorite and the cookies come out perfect each time. If you love chocolate chips as much as I do then make sure to check out my other chocolate chip recipe next!
This is the perfect substitution for those of you who hate raisins! Everything is better with chocolate even thought I will be the first to admit that I love raisins and oatmeal raisin cookies =)
How to make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
- Preheat your oven.
- Prepare a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together melted butter with sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in vanilla, cinnamon, egg, and egg yolk until smooth and creamy.
- Shift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly mix this with your wet ingredients.
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
- Roll out balls of dough and place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake then allow to cool on the baking sheet before moving it to a cooling rack.
The trick to the perfect cookie is to make sure they are not over baked so make sure you check on them regularly. It took me just 10 minutes before they where done but different stoves and even your location could change that. I would say check at 10 minutes and keep checking until your cookies are done. They will be perfectly done when your center is still soft and the edges are lightly brown. I let mine sit on the baking sheet and continue to slowly cook for 3-4 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Try some of my other Chocolate Chip Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffin
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
Have leftover oatmeal? Check out these recipe next:
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Muffin: I mean double chocolate, do I need to say more?
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Recipe: Pumpkin spice is one of my favorite flavors. Toss in oatmeal and chocolate to take it to an entirely new level, they are amazing.
Walnut Spice Oatmeal Muffin: The perfect fall muffin. Full of fall spice and one of my favorite muffin recipes.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks Unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- ½ cup White sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 ½ cups Quick oats
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together melted (and slightly cooled) butter with sugar and brown sugar in a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer until well combined. Next beat in vanilla, cinnamon, egg, and egg yolk. Beat together for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl shift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly mix this with your wet ingredients until well combined. Last fold in oats and chocolate chips.
- Roll out balls of dough and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet before moving it to a cooling rack.