Pat these chicken legs down with a simple seasoning then cover in sauce. These Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs are the perfect slow cooker dinner.
If you like this recipe then you will also have to try my Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders along with simple Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks.
There is something about BBQ sauce that can get my kids to eat just about anything. I actually have a video of my oldest son licking it up after eating his chicken tenders. I guess it goes without saying that he this simple slow cooker recipe is a favorite in our family.
How to make Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs:
Step one: Get started with the seasonings. Mix all of the dry seasonings together and then rub each chicken leg with seasoning and place in the slow cooker.
Step two: Next add in just 1 cup BBQ sauce on top and place lid on slow cooker. Use a brush to make sure all chicken is coated with bbq sauce
- Tip: I do not ad any more liquid to this recipe. The water coming from the chicken along with the BBQ sauce is more than enough. I have tested this recipe with chicken broth and it came out too soggy and soupy.
How long to cook chicken legs in the slow cooker:
Step three: Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
I love serving these chicken legs with a side salad, corn casserole, or even mashed potatoes. Here are more of my favorite side dish recipes.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Cream Corn
- Baked Garlic Green Beans
Slow Cooker Recipes:
I love a simple slow cooker recipe. Here are a few more of my favorites that I think you will love.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken and Veggies
- Slow Cooker Catalina Chicken
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below.
You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs
- 4 pounds chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cups BBQ sauce
- Mix all dry seasonings together. Rub each chicken leg with seasoning and place in the slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup BBQ sauce on top and place lid on slow cooker. Use a brush to make sure all chicken is coated with bbq sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Tip: I do not add any more liquid to this recipe. The water coming from the chicken along with the BBQ sauce is more than enough. I have tested this recipe with chicken broth and it came out too soggy and soupy.
Love this recipe Pin it!
It's in the crock pot as I speak. Can't go wrong with simple ingredients and the crock! I know it's a winner !!
GUNJAN C Dudani
What a great recipe idea. Love all the ingredients and your images are beautiful.
Tried it family loved every leg! Will try again!
So happy to hear that!