Rub these chicken legs down with a simple seasoning then cover in sauce. These Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs are the perfect slow cooker dinner.
There is something about BBQ sauce that can get my kids to eat just about anything. I actually have a video of my oldest son licking it up after eating his chicken tenders. I guess it goes without saying that this simple slow cooker recipe is a favorite in our family. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs are an easy and super tasty dinner that everyone will enjoy.
Chicken Legs are also called drumsticks. So Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are a great recipe that I highly recommend.
How to make Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs:
To make Crock Pot Chicken Legs you want to start by seasoning your drumsticks. Place the seasoned chicken drumsticks into the slow cooker and cover them with BBQ sauce. Cook in the chicken in the slow cooker and then serve for dinner!
- Chicken Legs
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- BBQ Sauce - Use your favorite brand. I used Sweet Baby Ray's for this recipe.
Step one: Get started with the seasonings. Mix all of the dry seasonings together and then rub each chicken leg with seasoning and place in the slow cooker.
Step two: Next add in just 1 cup BBQ sauce on top and place lid on slow cooker. Use a brush to make sure all chicken is coated with BBQ sauce.
- Tip: I do not add any more liquid to this recipe. The water coming from the chicken along with the BBQ sauce is more than enough. I have tested this recipe with chicken broth, and it came out too soggy and soupy.
How long to cook chicken legs in the slow cooker:
Step three: Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cooking Tip: Overcooking the legs could result in the bones becoming brittle. Be careful in case some break during cooking.
Dinner or Party BBQ Wings:
I made these wings for dinner, but they are also great for a party. Bulk batches in a slow cooker may be tough though so try this recipe for BBQ Chicken Wings for a larger amount.
Here are more of my favorite side dish recipes.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Cream Corn
- Baked Garlic Green Beans
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Legs
- 4 pounds chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce
- Mix all dry seasonings together. Rub each chicken leg with seasoning and place in the slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup BBQ sauce on top and place lid on slow cooker. Use a brush to make sure all chicken is coated with bbq sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.