This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Penne works perfectly as an easy dinner or a delicious side dish. Everything is made in one pot for less clean up.
How to make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Penne:
In a large pot add oil then add minced garlic. Cook on medium/low. To the same pot add butter, broth, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then add pasta.
Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender. Add grated parmesan cheese and mix until pasta is coated and all ingredient is well combined.
More Pasta Recipes to Try:
How do I make the sauce thicker?
If you want a thicker sauce then you can add butter then flour to your pot and mix until you get a paste. Add in milk and broth slowly whisking until you have a thickened sauce.
Then continue with the directions. If you already cooked your pasta you can try adding cornstarch to this recipe to thicken it up.
What other pasta can I use besides penne?
This recipe would work for several different types. You would just need to adjust your cooking time accordingly that are found on the package.
What can I serve with this?
- Italian Salad
- Shredded Chicken
- Slow Cooker Ham
- Chicken sausage or kielbasa
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
Here are a few more dinner ideas that are made in one pot:
One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice: Easy One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice makes the perfect dinner idea with little clean up after!
One Pot American Goulash: American goulash is one of my families favorite easy dinner recipe. I love making this one pot version.
One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole: This simple One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole is full of flavor and a recipe you will want to make over and over again.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Penne
- 8 oz Penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot add oil then add minced garlic. Cook on medium/low.
- To the same pot add butter, broth, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then add pasta. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Add grated parmesan cheese and mix until pasta is coated and all ingredient is well combined. Optional: for garnish, I added fresh chopped parsley.